Solo development studio UpRoom Games to release turn-based deckbuilding strategy A symbolic war on Steam April 28. This tactical game will encourage creativity with battle plans as players collect a variety of tokens and magic spells. Check out the new trailer below …
In A symbolic war players will defend their fortress and wage war in five separate regions, collecting tokens and spells as they go. Spells can be used defensively and offensively while tokens will be used on unique game boards. Thanks to the procedurally generated nature of the game, players will need to change their battle plans as they progress.
A symbolic war features:
- A new style of deck building that allows players to create a collection of unique tokens and spells to use in battle.
- Turn-Based Strategy: Order tokens on unique game boards designed to merge deckbuilding with classic positional strategy games like chess.
- Designed and Procedural Encounters: Each encounter combines designed and procedural elements to create a more varied and dynamic game experience.
- Earn new and powerful upgrades to use on the fortress.
- Local versus mode allows players to challenge friends and family in a battle of wits in a unique draft system using a shared token pool.
A symbolic war arrives on Steam on April 28.