WACO, Texas – The Waco District of the Texas Department of Transportation continues construction of new U-turns on Bagby Avenue as part of the Mall-to-Mall project.
Crews plan to begin shear key and deck work for the new Bagby Avenue U-turn bridges. To perform this operation safely, crews will perform various full nighttime major lane closures on Highway 6.
The closures will begin Monday evening and last until Friday, April 8.
- Westbound main lanes of Highway 6 from N Old Robinson Road to the westbound on-ramp of Highway 6 just before Beverly Drive.
- Westbound on-ramp to Interstate 6 before Interstate 35 intersection
- Westbound on-ramp to Highway 6, before Bagby Avenue.
- Westbound frontage road just past the off-ramp to Highway 6, before the Beverly Drive Railroad.
- Direct connection from Interstate 35 northbound to Highway 6 westbound.
Closures will be active from 8:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. on weeknights and from 10:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Friday eveningss.
- Main eastbound lanes of Highway 6 from the exit ramp at Exchange Parkway to the exit ramp just past Bagby Avenue (Legend Lake Parkway). In addition, the eastbound on-ramp to Highway 6 before Bagby Avenue will be closed.
The closures will be active from 8:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. on weeknights and from 10:00 p.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Friday evenings.
The Bagby Bridge will remain open during construction/closure, and the intersection will be policed.